LONDON, Nov. 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Hertz Europe, part of The Hertz Corporation (NYSE:HTZ), is celebrating the fourth anniversary of its Hertz Gold Plus Rewards loyalty program launch in Europe by further rewarding members throughout November and December with birthday surprises. Anniversary rewards include free luxury car and status upgrades for members renting in Europe and Australia as well as free prize draws for a trip to Iceland to see the Northern Lights, tickets for events, rental vouchers and extra points. All members residing in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) are eligible to participate in the prize draws and specific terms and conditions apply for each anniversary reward*.
"Rewarding Hertz Gold Plus Rewards members on our program's fourth anniversary is our way to celebrate our customers' loyalty and thank them for choosing us", said Michel Taride, Group President, Hertz International.
"We continue to work to make our customer loyalty program the best in the industry to continuously offer our members the fastest, easiest and most rewarding car rental experience. The accolades the program has received, including top honors at the 2015 FlyerTalk Awards for the fourth consecutive year, are a testament to the innovation and benefits of Gold Plus Rewards - and yet another reason to celebrate with our members," added Taride.
This month, as part of the anniversary celebrations, Hertz is surprising selected Gold Plus Rewards members renting in Amsterdam, Dublin, Frankfurt, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Oslo, Rome and Stockholm in Europe and in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney in Australia, with stylish car rental upgrades at no extra cost
, from the company's exclusive Prestige Collection. The lucky members are driving away high-class cars such as the Range Rover Sport or Evoque; Mercedes ML, C Coupe or E Class; BMW i8; Audi Q7 and many others.
Additionally, Hertz is giving Gold Plus Rewards members residing in EMEA the chance to win flights, accommodation and a tour for two to see Iceland's unique Northern lights. Other special anniversary rewards include tickets for the MotoGP Grand Finale in Valencia, Spain; tickets to see the Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre in London; tickets to a VIP tour of three of Catalonia's finest wine destinations; 10% discount on the activities booked on hertz.ceetiz.com, and more.
Lastly, Hertz is giving away Gold Plus Rewards status upgrades, free rental vouchers, and individual bonuses of 2,400 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points each - enough to be redeemed for a weekend rental.
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards benefits include:
- Quick enrollment: Customers can enroll in Gold Plus Rewards right at the rental counter or calling the call center.
- Mobile Gold Alerts (Carfirmation): Gold members can receive email messages sent to their phone with up-to-the-minute information telling them which car they will be driving and where their vehicle is parked.
- Faster Rentals: allows Gold members to skip the counter at over 50 airports around the world. And at over 4,000 locations worldwide renters can simply show their driver's license and pick up their keys.
- More Ways to Earn Points: in addition to earning points on rental charges, Gold members earn with services like Hertz NeverLost®, Fuel Purchase, insurance coverage options and more.
- Enhanced Rewards: improved technology makes it easier for members to view their real-time point balance, check their e-statements with up to 24 months of activity, and even redeem rewards during reservations.
In 2015 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards received for the fourth consecutive year top honors at the FlyerTalk Awards. The program was named the Best Rewards Program of the Drive category across the Americas, Europe/Africa and Middle East/Asia/Oceania and received the Outstanding Benefits recognition across Europe/Africa and Middle East/Asia/Oceania.
To become a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member, customers can enroll online at www.hertz.co.uk/rentacar/member/enrollment or at a Hertz rental counter. More information about Hertz Gold Plus Rewards customer loyalty program is available from www.Hertz.co.uk.
* Specific terms and conditions apply for each anniversary reward:
- Prestige Collection upgrades: Prestige Collection cars provided at no extra cost with unlimited mileage, Collision Damage Waiver and Theft Protection. Members selected for the upgrades are 25 years old or more, hold 2 credit cards and will have rented a Hertz car for up to three days throughout November.
- Trip to Iceland: The prize draw is automatically entered by those members who rent a car from group C or above quoting the CDP 816219, and collect it up to December 18th. The rental must be three days long or more. Other terms and conditions available from here.
- Tickets and Ceetiz discount: To be eligible for the draw, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards members must submit a compelling experience about using Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, the prize they would like, first name, last name, Gold Plus Rewards number, telephone number and email. The competition opened on Wednesday 18th November and closes at midnight on 16th December 2015. To save 10 % when booking activities on hertz.ceetiz.com before December 17th customers need to provide the CDP# (customer discount code) HCEETIZ11. Other terms and conditions available from here.
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points: Members who wish to participate in the prize draw need to enter their Gold Plus Rewards number on the promotion's landing page. The prize draw is only open for Five Star members. The competition opened on Tuesday 18th November and closes at midnight on 16th December 2015. Other terms and conditions available from here.
- Free rental vouchers: Members who wish to participate in the prize draw need to enter their Gold Plus Rewards number on the promotion's landing page. The competition opens on Wednesday 18th November and closes at midnight on 16th December 2015. Other terms and conditions available from here.
ABOUT HERTZ GOLD PLUS REWARDS
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® is a free loyalty rewards program entitling members to a number of exclusive benefits, including express pick-ups and returns. Members can earn points from qualifying rentals for use towards reward rental days. To become a member, customers can enroll online at www.Hertz.co.uk, or at a Hertz rental counter, or by calling Hertz Customer Care.
ABOUT HERTZ GLOBAL
Hertz Global operates the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly car rental brands in more than 10,000 corporate and licensee locations throughout approximately 150 countries in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and New Zealand. Hertz Global is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental company with more than 1,600 airport locations in the U.S. and more than 1,400 airport locations internationally. Product and service initiatives such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, NeverLost®, Carfirmations, Mobile Wi-Fi and unique vehicles offered through the Adrenaline, Dream, Green and Prestige Collections set Hertz Global apart from the competition. Additionally, Hertz Global owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation, operates the Hertz 24/7 hourly car rental business in international markets and sells vehicles through its Rent2Buy program. The Company also owns Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation ("HERC"), one of the largest equipment rental businesses with more than 350 locations worldwide offering a diverse line of equipment and tools for rent and sale. HERC primarily serves the construction, industrial, oil, gas, entertainment and government sectors. For more information about Hertz Global, visit: www.hertz.com.
Hertz Media Relations
Telephone: (844) 845-2180 (toll free from the US) and (+1) 239-301-6300
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20151123/290075
SOURCE Hertz Corporation